Tuesday (term time) 4-13yrs : 4pm & 5pm @ Karma Studios, West Wickham. CLICK HERE
Thursday 4-15yrs : 4.15pm & 5pm @ United Martial Arts Academy, South Croydon. CLICK HERE
Classes are available in South Croydon & West Wickham.BOOK NOW
About Yoga for Kids:
Yoga for kids is great for soothing and stretching young bodies and minds. Come and explore yoga postures, breathing techniques and deep relaxation in a non-competitive and fun environment.
These classes are based on my training with Jo Manuel, Founder of The Special Yoga Centre in London. Children of all ages are catered for with sensitivity and good humour, and given a safe and friendly space to explore their understanding of their bodies, emotions and thoughts about life.
Children aged 4 +
Children with learning developmental needs are also encouraged to attend.
1-2-1 Children’s Yoga Therapy, Family Yoga classes and Group sessions for Youth Clubs, Brownies, Girl Guides, Scouts, Venturers, Children and Teens with disabilities are also available.
Benefits of Yoga for Kids:
There are numerous health benefits of Children’s Yoga:
- Learn good posture and get more flexible
- Breath deeper, feel happier and get healthier
- Prevents sports injury and improves co-ordination and balance
- Learn how to feel calmer, relax and sleep well
- Build confidence, improve concentration, and feel good in yourself
- Learn to manage your emotions and hormones, and to express yourself better
- Feel safe and explore your feelings about life
This article in the Guardian national newspaper explains why yoga is so good for our children.
And this article on Yoga International’s website explains why yoga is also great for children with autism.
These are great relaxation or meditation exercises for children:
Mindfulness exercises for kids (and parents) www.shambhala.com/sittingstilllikeafrogBOOK NOW